Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Hungry in Fiji

When you go for these sorts of long trips all kinds of thoughts go thru your head - thoughts like - why isn't there kaya jam being sold when there are so many coconut trees in Fiji??????

Seriously why isn't there KAYA!!!!!????????? ARGHHHH

I was looking at all the fresh fluffy bread being sold in the shop and the one word that came to mind was KAYA, KAYA, KAYA, KAYAHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile the captain is giving me dirty looks cos I'm slumming and not reading the COMPETENT CREW Manual and SAILING FOR DUMMIES.

I totally crashed when he was giving us a lecture on ship sailing and what the Spinneker mast was for....Cleat, Forestay, Halyard, Foot, Leech, Luft, Topping Lift, Spinneker, FISHBALL MEEPOK.... wtf... yeah fishball meepok .... i want to eat fishball meepok.

For the love of all that is holy i don't even eat fishball meepok noodles in Singapore but now - I do.... arghhh....

Anyhow, my food cravings are fairly minor. more like an irritant.

The ship's engineer, JaneJane Chou is a great cook thankfully.


No comments: