Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Scuba diving Spratly Islands - Hammerhead Shark school


Swimming inside a Hammerhead Shark school from Yauming Ymc on Vimeo.
...

Pardon me for not blogging. I've been fairly busy. I was scuba diving in the southern Spratly Islands - at a resort called Layang Layang. We encountered many hammerhead sharks. On the last dive there I swam inside a school of hammerheadsharks 40 - 60 of them. The deeper you went, the more you could see. The visibility wasn't great as there was a coral bloom - the sea was quite cloudy as a result. :) Visibility was around 20+ meters. Usually its 50 -80m.

Swimming surrounded by sharks I felt no fear just an incredible feeling of awe, wonder and humility that these mighty predators were allowing me into their ranks as if I was one of their own.


No comments: