Saturday, September 14, 2013

Morning Walk

I try and go for a run or walk in the morning. Its cold here in the morning and everything is an irritation to do. Get out of bed. Cold. Put on the running clothes. Cold. Walk downstairs. Cold. Put on the running shoes. Aiyoh Cold!!!

Thankfully it was a bit more pleasant this morning. Its Spring. And the temperature is rising.

I like to run at Ruffey Lake Park - Doncaster/ Templestowe. Its big, wide, plenty of greenery and you get a good walk there.

It also helps to clear my mind.

I consider myself a spiritual person. A Christian at heart. I believe that God in the form of a man called Jesus died for me, to save me from my sins. I believe that I shouldn't judge others. I believe in the message where He said -Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would want others to do you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

(I don't understand how Jesus managed to get that from reading the Law - because when I read it, I find a lot of crazy stuff about brutally killing people who sinned. God knows how He came up with that phrase of his - which makes me wonder about the rest of the Bible as well.)

Anyway, when I run - I also pray. And this is the prayer I prayed today. 

I prayed for the people that I love and the people that are close to me. I also prayed for direction in my life and...

"I pray Almighty God that you would grant me an extraordinary life. A life where your Spirit moves through me. A life of grace. A life of inner peace. A life where I reach my potential and find fulfillment." 

or something like that. It helps.
.

No comments: