Thursday, August 02, 2012

Window dream

I had another vivid dream this morning. I usually can remember my dreams if I wake up a little too early then fall back to sleep.

I woke up this morning at about 6am. I tried not to go back to sleep but eventually I succumbed and went back to bed.

In the dream I was back in Singapore apartment. And a huge drama brewed up over my windows.

In reality, my windows had been done sometime ago but due to carelessness by the workers or the manufacturers - a lot of the window glass were scratched and had to be replaced. I had also asked that the window frames be filled up with foam to add density and an added layer of sound protection. However, in the process some of the frames were stained with glue and the frame insulation was also similarly stained. The contractor has refused to repair the fault and we had a falling out due to that.

In my dream, I was back in my flat and the windows were going to be fixed finally. My sister was also there. But not Aunty Mary, the house sitter who is minding my place.

The window installers came in early to fix the problems and for some reason I didn't get out of bed but kept on sleeping on.

When I woke up, I found to my horror that they had replaced all the stained white window frames with a bronze colored frame - and painted the non-damaged ones with a bronze paint. The paint was smeared on like acrylic onto enamel, resulting in a horrible watery streaky diluted finish. Don't worry the two Uncle contractors (not the original guy) told me, this is just the first coat. But I had realized that the windows were ruined.

I then spent ages talking about the problem with the window dudes but I was resigned to accept the whole mess and seemed totally complacent about the fucking disaster.

I woke up at that moment of acceptance and then realized I was in my home in Melbourne and.... and it did take a second to realize this - the whole thing was a dream. Thank God!!!






No comments: