Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh - Singapore food

I had dinner at the food court at Raffles Hospital - near Golden Landmark. The food there is pretty good, cheap, and hygienic (important if you're just recovering from a flu).

With about a pound of Nasi Briyani and Roti Prata in me, I confess to being a little hesistant when my friend asked me out for Bak Kut Teh (Pork Rib Soup).

But ah well, what the heck, I'm only in Singapore for a month so I said yes.

Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh, 321 Beach Road, is located near the junction of Sultan Gate road.


The service was great and the food was really good. The pork ribs were well cooked, ok lah quality. Best part - the soup. It wasn't filled with pepper. And it had a nice Chinese herbal taste about it. I think I would have liked it more if I wasn't so full.

I give it a B+ grade.

The place is also near Kampong Glam which had a few popular Malay restaurants that looked quite happening. Pretty nice crowd there.

My friend mentioned we should make a visit there. I agreed.

No comments: