Thursday, August 20, 2009

Twenty things about me

I wrote this back in 2009. I still am the same. I added 10 more.

1. I don't like reality tv - esp the shock and horror variety - where they placed a screaming woman into a tank being filled with snakes. I dislike the endless navel grazing and the faux psychologist analyzing behavior. I can't stand shows like Big Brother or the American Idol shows... unless... it involves a bevy of very pretty young charming women like Brooke Burke. :D Easy on the eyes. I also don't mind watching reality tv shows where healthy fit men or women are doing extremely hard or strenuous tasks like the Tough Guy Race.
But not freak or horror shows, that's just plain pathetic.


2. I'm partially deaf. When I was a child, my Chinese language teacher at ACS twisted my ears so hard that something snapped - I think it was my inner ear bones. And she did it at least twice. Those CL teachers were really bitter and wicked. Now I have serious trouble hearing low frequency sounds. If a person with a low voice is trying to talk to me and there's background noise, I find it painfully hard to hear. 

3. I wish I could speak more than one language fluently. I'd like to speak French like how the French Foreign Legion soldiers speak French. I need to brush up on my Mandarin.

4. Although I can be extrovert at times - I can also be a terrible introvert. I had practically zero friends in my childhood and high school was pure hell. I just wasn't interested in soccer and was totally oblivious to the politics of school life. I blame my wacky upbringing and the crazy logic my mildly sadistic family instilled in me. And it didn't help that I was surrounded by a bunch of really arrogant screwed up classmates whose sole pleasure in life was to make my day miserable.

5. My sister and I share the same sense of humor. When we were kids we attended a modern gallery art exhibit and laughed so hard we started to cry. We had to leave 3 times. I rarely have any disagreements with her.

6. I intensely distrust people who can't control their temper. People who fly into a rage of fury - especially for very trivial reasons - really upset me. They remind me of my parents. If you're reading this, and wondering why our friendship has grown cold, this may be the reason.

7. I deal with a lot of my problems through sarcasm. I like clever quirky humor. Example, Wes Anderson's films - Royal Tenenbuams, Life Aquatic, Darjeeling Limited and most of South Park episodes.

8. I'd like to get buried at sea in the deepest part of the ocean. Read Psalm 139:9. The land is for the living. I think of cemeteries, esp. Chinese cemeteries, as a waste of space.

9. I despise obsessive gamblers. Gambling is like flushing money down the drain. Why can't they use the money productively and constructive like insulating the house, education, etc.. It serves no purpose except fueling the person's greed and pride. Its obviously a mental affliction and they should be incarcerated.

10. I believe in capital punishment and longer sentences for violent criminals. Society and the lives of innocent people should be protected from criminals, not the other way around. I despise the Australian and British criminal justice system. Rapist should be executed on the spot if they are caught in the act.

 
11. I think that too many Christians are hypocrites. You probably knew that already...

12. I haven't aged since I turned 30; in fact on some days I seem to look younger for some reason. My abs are starting to show prominently again. I feel like I'm reverse aging.

13. I maybe a reincarnation of a Japanese fighter pilot who died in WW2 - I found an old photograph of the pilot in a biography of aces - even my parents were surprised by the likeness.

14. I don't mind being alone as long as I'm reading a good book or listening to good music, I don't find that lonely. What I find awful is being in a crowded room and finding no one to talk to. I feel dreadfully lonely then. I've been on overseas trips and feeling dreadful because all around me people - even people I know - are talking and making merry conversation and for some reason, I can't speak. When people I know shun me that is even worse.

15. I can be a very generous and kind person and sometimes people abuse my generosity. 


16. I am very patient, I don't lose my temper easily, but I have a breaking point. I am willing to forgive but I cannot tolerate unkind remarks afterwards. The joke wears thin after awhile.


17. I want to do something creative. Script-writing, photography, movie editing. But the technical aspects of film making escape me.

18. I love beautiful things - porcelain, buildings, architecture, old books.

19. I believe in God, karma, and fate. I believe that most things happen for a reason. When we see chance and coincidence, look deeper and something else might be working there.

20. I believe that God has a good plan for me. I've nearly died a dozen times in my life. Things have happened to me which I can't explain. I see events reoccurring in my family history. But right now, I'm stuck in a pit and I can't seem to get out of this shit.





No comments: