Sunday, May 03, 2009

A journey of a thousand miles

A journey of a thousand miles
may begin with one foot step
But it would be accomplished a helluva lot faster
In a jet plane or car.

As much as I'm an idealist, I'd prefer to cut through the crap and get things done quicker. Thats why I never really enjoyed hiking to some high mountain top - unless there was some hope of reaching a nice hot clean spa - at the end of the day's hike - that could be enjoyed with a happy group of friends.

As for character building - couldn't be done on your own time?

3 comments:

Teddy Ursa said...

You are too much of a comfort creature perhaps :)

I love the strolls through the woods especially on less-travelled treks. I could hear the birds chirps and the river runs. And when I get to the summit, all by myself, I marvelled often at the wonders of the world, and I feel grateful once again that I have a strong, healthy body that takes me to places... Just for all of these, it was worth that hike.

Yauming YMC said...

I like my comfort zones. I love my fireplace. I love my park bench. I love my cosy office space. I love the whole world. And all its sights and sounds. Boom de ya dah Boom de ya dah!!!!!

Jelissa Mei said...

amen :)