Thursday, April 02, 2009

Your Flight was 12 hours ago, jackass

I packed my bags all night long - and did various house cleaning chores like covering up furniture with cloth to protect them from dust and storing away my scuba gear and hi-fi equipment. I got a huge inspiration from the end part of Gattaca (the movie).

Had a gut awful scare yesterday when I lost my passport. The problem with me is that I'm a scatterbrain and horribly forgetful esp. when I'm tired. I was packing my stuff and walking around and I placed my passport together with a pile of correspondence I was carrying. I put the correspondence away and the passport got placed in between. I had NO recollection of this. I tore my place upside down. Then I prayed real hard. Took a deep breathe. And ignition!!!! God my brain is worse than my VW Beetle on a hot day. Walked over to the counter and there it was. Thank God I didn't throw the stuff away.

Amazing what a hot shower in 5 in the morning can do to your spirit. I scrubbed and cleaned myself like Ethan Hawke in Gattaca - it felt almost spiritual.

I had quite a bit of leftover food in the fridge. Tried to drink a litre of milk - but only got half-way. I also had a loaf of fresh white fluffy bread and a jar of great British blackcurrent jam (Wilkins!!!!)... hmmm.... I thought bugger it and made myself a packload of sandwiches to bring on the plane. I'm flying Qantas and its going to be a bloody long flight. I hope they also don't screw around with me at immigration. "WTF, I'm a Australian PR you morons. Why don't you frisk Osama Bin Ladin there. What?? Don't call me a racist, you @#$% wog!!!!"

Hmmm.... I wonder whether the recent Bikie Gang bashing will make it to "Border Security". It bloody should. The jokers are so keen to be seen to be guarding against students and holiday travellers who accidentally brought a piece of guava. But when the real shit happens - everyone is off at coffee break.

The taxi came early. I made sure I switched off all the electrical appliances, closed all the windows, bloody hell I find an invasion of ants crawling from the window - had to deal with that. Pulled my clothes from the laundry line.

Couldn't eat breakfast - so I took my breakfast of Chinese cinnamon flatcakes with me. Drank plenty of fresh brew coffee tho. I think I burst an eye bubble or something. My right eye is blood red.

The cab driver was friendly and a good driver. Only cost $20 including the booking fee and surcharge.

Showed up at the Qantas counter at 7am and no one else was there. Surprise. No, my flight didn't leave yesterday. But I was early.

The air ticket said my flight was leaving at 9.40am - but boarding would only be at 9am. Frankly considering how Qantas planes are having so many technical problems - I wouldn't be surprised if my plane got delayed.



2 comments: