Thursday, April 02, 2009

Your Flight was 12 hours ago, jackass

I packed my bags all night long - and did various house cleaning chores like covering up furniture with cloth to protect them from dust and storing away my scuba gear and hi-fi equipment. I got a huge inspiration from the end part of Gattaca (the movie).

Had a huge scare yesterday when I couldn't find my passport. The problem with me is that I'm a scatterbrain and horribly forgetful esp. when I'm tired. I was packing my stuff and walking around and I placed my passport together with a pile of correspondence I was carrying. I put the correspondence away and the passport got placed in between. I had NO recollection of this. I tore my place upside down. Then I prayed real hard. Took a deep breathe. And ignition!!!! God my brain is worse than my VW Beetle on a hot day. Walked over to the counter and there it was. Thank God I didn't throw the stuff away.

Amazing what a hot shower in 5 in the morning can do to your spirit. I scrubbed and cleaned myself like Ethan Hawke in Gattaca - it felt almost spiritual.

The taxi came early. I made sure I switched off all the electrical appliances, closed all the windows, bloody hell I find an invasion of ants crawling from the window - had to deal with that. Pulled my clothes from the laundry line.

Couldn't eat breakfast - so I took my breakfast of Chinese cinnamon flatcakes with me. Drank plenty of fresh brew coffee tho. I think I burst an eye bubble or something. My right eye is blood red.

The cab driver was friendly and a good driver. Only cost $20 including the booking fee and surcharge.

Showed up at the Qantas counter at 7am and no one else was there. Surprise. No, my flight didn't leave yesterday. But I was early.

The air ticket said my flight was leaving at 9.40am - but boarding would only be at 9am. Frankly considering how Qantas planes are having so many technical problems - I wouldn't be surprised if my plane got delayed.



No comments: