Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back home - Qantas sucks

The Qantas plane had engine trouble. Good thing they found that out before they left the tarmac. Took them 2 hours to fix. I'm just glad it was only 2 and not 5.

Qantas seems to be in the shits lately. I think their fleet is reaching their use-by-date and the buggers haven't got the cash to buy new ones.

Qantas staff are one kind. Bloody hell they won't even let me finish before they start taking the food plate off.

And whats with all the gay stewards? One of the freaks was have a conversation with his back to me and rubbing his perforated ass just cms away over my @#$ing food. I had an aisle seat next to the kitchen/service area.

I save $700 by  taking Qanarse - as opposed to SIA. I'm wondering whether its really worth it.

3 comments:

Andrew Hall said...

no dude, it's not worth it. You should be able to catch Emerates or MAS. I hear Emirates are good, and MAS I've travelled with before and they were ok. Not sure what you were paying on QANTARSE, but going through www.travel.com.au and using the dates 19th Feb and 25th Feb to get a similar comparison, Emirates would have got you there and back all up including taxes for under $600.00 [flights EK405 and EK404]

Yauming YMC said...

Qantas is under $1200. Are you sure Emirates is $600 for a return trip???

Andrew Hall said...

check it out yourself dude on www.travel.com.au
Emirates has very low fuel surcharges, as it oil is cheap in the gulf.

$1200 seems excessively high for Mel => Singapore. I've been looking at Taiwan end of April with Cathay and thats $884 inc. all taxes.