Saturday, January 10, 2009

Vintage Philips 4 Valve Radio (made in 1950s)




Here's an old vinatge Philips Valve Radio. The body is made out of Bakelite. Those bulb like things are Valves - which power the radio. I thought of selling it on eBay but its a hassle.

There's a bit of paint on the front part. - the cardboard backing the rear is intact - I just took it off to photograph the interior.

Just wondering whether anyone of my contacts is interested in buying it. I thought $40 would be alright.

You can check out the prices on eBay here:

http://collectables.shop.ebay.com.au/items/Tube-Radios__W0QQ_sacatZ933

2 comments:

Victor Chai said...

Does it still work?

Yauming YMC said...

Yes, but the sound was a bit soft. I sold it on eBay ages ago. You probably can pick it up at a garage sale for cheap.