Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hello!!! (Give me Your Money)

Its always good to have strong passwords. (Iagthsp711) See that's one right there.

And whenever you use an internet cafe computer, workplace computer, or computer where other people have access to - never let the computer save your password in its memory. ie never tick the save password command. Simple security protocol.

I just received an email from an old acquaintance's email account (which she rarely uses and has rarely communicated with me). I suspect she must have been working in the UK, used an internet cafe computer - allowed it to save her password - or perhaps had a virus/trojan steal her password.

It reads as follows:
from YYYY XXXX
to
date Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM
subject HELLO!!!
mailed-by hotmail.com hide details 8:19 AM (1 hour ago) Reply Hi,Sorry i didn't tell you i would be travelling on a short trip to Uk, I'm presently in London, but I'm having some difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel. My money, and other valuables were kept in it. I need you to assist me with a soft loan urgently of (1,000GBP) to sort-out my hotel bills and to get me back home. I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist with, I'll send it back to you as soon as i return, let me know if you can be of any help? sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you,i had no choice. Please get back to me ASAP.

YYYYYX

Solution: Don't respond. Report to

For more information read here:
www.millersmiles.co.uk/identitytheft/MSN-Hotmail-email-hoax.htm

No comments: