Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Bach Cantata 140 St Marks Choir - CJ Luke




Led by Music Director Christopher J. Luke, the St Marks choir group performs Bach's Cantata 140: Awake Sleeper the Voice is Calling (Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme). It was superb performance, awesome, truly wondrous to listen to. The world would be a better place if more people learnt to appreciate this sort of music. :)

Photos of the concert are located in my photo section: - click here:
http://ymchiam.multiply.com/photos/album/97/

Unfortunately I did not bring along my other memory cards for my camera. So I only have the full version of the Purcells piece. And a cut off of this magnificent part. :(

I'll post the Purcell's song later.

This quality of this video has been further compressed to fit into this webpage. Sorry.

No comments: