Monday, August 18, 2008

Depression and Bah Koo Teh

I've been pretty depressed lately. I don't want to go into it - but honestly, my feelings are totally justified.

Its funny how depression can wack you hard. I mean I was pretty happy two months ago - scuba diving and going skiing. And I thought I had it made last year when I helped to clear a big deal worth a lot of money.

But we shouldn't allow circumstances to dictate how we feel. Singing hymns helps, actually. Chases the depression demons away.

Eating healthy is also a great way to beat back the black dog.

So, I made some bah ku teh - a very tasty herbal pork rib soup. I found and bought a pack of bah ku teh spices (made in singapore) from the local chinese food shop. Then I bought a slab of pork ribs. Put it into a pot to boil. Added several Star Aniseeds, a stick of cinanmon, salt soya sauce, and plenty of carrots and a quarter cabbage. I also added a slab of beef.

Wow. It tasted great. And I feel great!!!

No comments: