Thursday, July 31, 2008

Elysium - one of the most pretty flowers in my garden

More gardening. I'm trying to clean up the court yard. There's a big pile of industrial sand - that my dear Uncle left. Its been there for over a year or so now. A real eye sore. Its suppose to be used as backfill for the wall he promised to build for my mum a year ago.

I chucked most of it in the backyard - to act as a filler for soft depressions in the ground. I guess I could keep it around til he gets around to build the wall - in September he says. But we've waited too long already. If he needs the sand - I'd rather go and buy it from the hardware shop and use it straight away - as opposed to having that stockpile sitting in the courtyard in full view of the dining room area.

Clean a bit here - weed - sweep... I sprayed herbicide on the weeds - but as luck would have it - it rained afterwards.

I took some photos of the garden just for record keeping purposes. Most of the garden looks pretty shite at the moment. However, I got some lovely photos of the small and cute Elysiums. They grow from seed and easily produce a great many offspring. They come in various colors. At one stage our entire garden was covered with the pure white variety - which looked dissatisfying - like moss. However, the purple+white types look very sweet. Here's a photo of them.

Actually, if they didn't look so pretty - they'd be consider weeds. They grow literally everywhere.

No comments: