Sunday, June 08, 2008

Your Top 5 films

They say the choice of your films is very revealing about your character or at the very least, your taste. So my top five films are - in no particular order

1. Finding Neverland (Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet)
2. Royal Tenenbaums
3. Gattaca
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. Blade Runner
5. Master and Commander

OK. I cheated. But if I have to chose - I'd strike off Empire Strikes Back- largely due to its association with the Ewok Adventure Movie (aka Return of the Jedi) and the other George Lucas wankfest ie Prequels 1 - 3. Nonetheless, I thought Empire Strikes Back was a masterpiece. It had everything. Good acting from Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher (when she wasn't stoned), great pace, great direction, superb sound, that beautiful romantic tension between Solo and Leia - and that mega OMG cliffhanger faceoff between Vader and Luke.

More later... its 1.22am and I gotta wake up for church.



No comments: