Thursday, June 05, 2008

Tooth Problem and Bastard Dentists

I just came back from the dentist- had to get a tooth extraction - and bone tooth reinforcement. Spent nearly 5 hours in the dentist chair as they hacked and sawed away at the bone.

Primarily the problem was largely caused by the negligence of a certain old fat Chinese male dentist who operates in Box Hill, Melbourne - who shall remain nameless - unless you ask me in person. The guy was a bastard- he actually had the gall to work on people's teeth whilst conversing with his stockbroker, banker, estate agent. And while he was NOT talking to someone else on the phone - he'd be flirting with his dental nurse.

He messed up my crown and tooth repair - resulting in the tooth getting infected and - dying in pure agony I might add. His remedy was to tell me to take more painkillers. I took them til my face turned blue and the pain wouldn't stop.

Anyways, the tooth got repaired (5 years ago) and unfortunately, it cracked wide open recently - resulting in an infection.

The solution was to remove the entire tooth - and pack it with faux bone reinforcement so that it can be replaced with a titanium faux tooth. (I should say an implant but that sounds too weird - better be Iron Man than Pamela Anderson).

Unfortunately, there was one tooth fragment that just refused to come out. I think it was stuck to human tissue. It took the poor doctor nearly 5 hours to pull it out.

Total damage - S$900. Thats about AUD$600.