Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back in Melbourne

Home is where your heart is. Home is where you feel you belong. Is Melbourne home? Yes and no, I guess. I live in Singapore as well as in Melbourne. I've two places to stay. I honestly can't see myself giving up one for the other any time soon. Maybe if I settle down...

Anyways its nice to be back. I love Melbourne's fresh crisp air, that dry clean smell. I love my tudor style home here. I love my neighborhood. Its quiet. Its peaceful. The neighbors are as good as gold. And the shopping centre is only 10 minutes away by walk. Its also only 30 minutes drive from most places- including the city.

Unlike Singapore, I don't hear the sounds of my neighbors demolishing buildings, renovating or drilling the concrete walls just for fun.

Thankfully, my body seems to be acclimatizing pretty well despite the fact that the temperature has fallen 50%. Its currently about 15C. You have to acclimatize and adjust- but physically as well as mentally- otherwise you'll just end up looking like a bloody eskimo like the silly person who was sitting next to me on the airplane back. How she is going to survive Melbourne's bitting winter I don't know.

Yeah, but its nice to be back. Saw my sister and her family. The daffodils and other bulbs have come up and will bloom soon. Tomorrow I'll have a good Aussie breakfast with sunny side up eggs, bacon, baked beans, scrambled eggs, fresh juicy tomatoes, celery, and black fresh roasted coffee. Then cheese and good fresh bread with some excellent red wine - I'll breathe that fresh cold crisp Melbournian air - close my eyes, relax, and it will be as if I didn't ever leave and nothing else mattered.

No comments: