with Shirley Taylor and Alison Lester
Whether you are writing for business or creatively, the words you choose and how you use them will determine not only your impact but also your own personal satisfaction. Come and learn from Shirley and Alison about the power of language and how it can move people to action or to emotion.
Shirley is author of Model Business Letters, E-mails & Other Business Documents 6th edition, and Alison's book of short fiction is entitled Locked Out: Stories Far from Home. Both Shirley and Alison speak and write regularly on the keys to successful communication.
At this talk, you can expect to:
- Be introduced to interesting, impactful ways of writing
- Learn some tricks of the writing trade
- Tap into your creative juices
- Spend time discussing the challenge of writing
- Ask the questions about words, writing and imagination that you've always wanted to ask!
Shirley and Alison will also be sharing their experience in writing and publishing, so it would be a good opportunity for you to get some answers on copyright issues, the publishing process, rates etc.
Date: Aug 31 (Friday)
Time: 7pm till the time you guys feel like going home!
Venue: The Mint Museum of Toys, 26 Seah Street, Singapore 188382
Cost: $25 per pax (inclusive of light food and soft drinks)