Monday, June 04, 2007

Sipadan May 31st


Europeans lol.

This was one of the best ever diving trips by any standard!! 10/10 Visibility was magnificent. The sea was mirror calm. There was just so many fishes - we are talking about walls of fishes, sheer blocks of them by the thousands.

Best of all, I was fortunate to be blessed with some of the most friendly and kind hearted I have ever met. If any of them ask me to go diving with them (or any travels) I would already be packing my bags.

Unfortunately, I didn't have an underwater housing for my camera. :( Still I got some excellent shots.

Its an absolutely breathtaking experience diving at the dropoff at Sipadan. You swim off a coral forest and literally drop off into the deep blue. As I descent, I swam close to the colorful coral wall ... I spun around looking above to see the sunlight being eclipsed by hundreds of glittering silver fish overhead. As I wheeled back I gazed into deep blue depths to see large white tip sharks prowling.

Meanwhile all around me were thousands of small marine fish and creatures moving around the coral wall face. It was a breathtaking sight.

This is where I fell in love with scuba diving.

1 comment:

D G said...

Yau Ming, thanks loads for the beuatiful pictures!