Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Psalm 139...

There are times in my life where I do feel the hand of God guiding me and protecting me, heming me in. (I heard his voice once during the start of 10km race - heh, He hems me in.)

Despite all my complaints about God, I resign myself to His will, to his purpose. May He use me, inspite of myself.

Its a struggle to trust God- to believe that He knows what He's doing - and to believe that He is a God of love inspite of all the counter evidence. That takes faith. Its not something that can be sustained by human will power - its more like something you have to pray for.



1
My LORD, you have searched me
       and you know me.

 2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
       you perceive my thoughts from afar.

 3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
       you are familiar with all my ways.

 4 Before a word is on my tongue
       you know it completely, O God.

 5 You hem me in—behind and before;
       you have laid your hand upon me.

 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
       too lofty for me to attain.

 7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
       Where can I flee from your presence?

 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
       if I make my bed in the darkness, you are there too.

 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
       if I dwell in the depths of the sea,

 10 even there your hand will guide me,
       your right hand will hold me fast.

 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
       and the light become night around me,"

 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
       the night will shine like the day,
       for darkness is as light to you.

No comments: