Wednesday, June 13, 2007

How times flies

I'll be turning 39 this year. Amazing. Sometimes I feel like I'm still 21. I still look very young by comparison to my peers- good genes I guess. I eat junk food, hardly exercise (in the last 20 years) - so those two factors can be ruled out.

Occasionally I bump into people who think I'm 25 or younger. When i tell them my age- they reckon I'm having them on.

I don't exactly blame them. I don't have age wrinkles. My hair is still relatively black (I do have some white hair- but I reckon that was caused by a recent tragedy), I still look relatively fit- and occasionally I've got the energy of a 20 year old. Sometimes I even surprise myself.

My back has been giving me trouble tho. My trainer spotted a problem with my sub-scap- the shoulder blade muscle. Basically my chest muscles are stronger compared to my back muscles. I just have inherently good chest muscle tissue. So the back shoulder are being pulled forward. Saw a sports doctor who said it wasn't a serious problem- and recommended me to a physio whose helping me deal with it. Seems to be working. But I think I may have to take up swimming again to ease the strain.

Gotta go to gym now. My aim is to get a good sixpack and a good physique before I hit the dreaded 40. Who knows? Maybe I can even get onto the cover for Men's Health.

No comments: