Friday, June 22, 2007

1:53am

Just great. I can't sleep.

I've been cutting down on my coffee intake for the last 2 months. And today in the evening I had a java arabica- just one cup... and now I can't sleep.

Maybe its cos I'm also worried about one of my distant relatives who is in over her head. She's quite a nutcase- and I  think she's going to do some serious injury to herself... not physical.

You can see it coming, y'know. I've been trying to warn her of the consequences of her actions - but at the moment- everything is all sunshine and roses for her. Whatever she does, succeeds.

But eventually, when things start slowing down, and she's still involved- she's going to get a very rude shock. Problem is, she just lacks the maturity to deal with such problems- and she'll only end up digging herself into a deeper hole.

Sometimes I find myself in situations where I can see a disaster looming- but am unable to prevent it or even say (too much) about it. The more I talk about it with her- the worse she gets. I think I just need to let go. And pray.

(Sidenote: getting her peers to talk to her is delicate. I got one of her best friends to speak to her on the matter- the last time - and she threw that person out of the house).

The whole thing saddens me deeply.

No comments: