Monday, April 02, 2007

Sunday

Hrmph... the US tariffs against Chinese paper import is going to send this week into the pits. China has responded angrily but frankly it has benefited the most from US efforts at globalization.

Imagine the situation 100 years ago- there were tariffs against foreign imports- there were plenty of restrictions against foreign trade. Everyone wanted to protect their own markets and eventually people got angry and went to war against each other.

But thankfully I sold a lot of my stocks last week- and hopefully they'll be sometime for me to get more out on Monday before people start pressing the panic button. Fingers crossed.

It could be the start of a massive drop in the share market. So watch out. This is serious.

There was an unpleasant letter waiting for me when I got home. It was from my mum. She paid a surprise visit and freaked out at the "mess" in my flat. Mess = open window, a newspaper on the table... and a pile of books on the sofa. Unfortunately she's nuts about tidiness and loses her temper over very small things. I honestly don't know what to do with her. She makes it so hard for her friends. She freaked out once when the dinner table was set differently. She's uber nyoh.

Hopefully she'll return back to Australia soon and take care of her garden over there. In the meantime she's driving me nuts.

No comments: