Thursday, March 15, 2007

Whatta day

The Dow fell 240 points. Hmmm... I was a bit surprised that it was gonna go down so hard. Yesterday it shrugged off the same news. But now today, it wakes up to it.

Oh well.

Thankfully, I didn't go crazy and overload on shares yesterday like a number of people. Frankly I couldn't see any compelling reason to buy. So I didn't.

I did buy China Sun - a chemical company thats fallen quite hard for awhile. Thankfully, it only dipped about 2% today. Sitting on a $1000 paper loss now. Won't be averaging down tho. I'd be in serious trouble if the share falls further tomorrow. And for what? Wager more good money just to make an extra grand? Its not worth it.

Share trading is all about managing risk. If you don't know how to do that - you're gonna lose all your money fast.

No comments: