Saturday, February 03, 2007

Large LCD TV 40 inch

I just bought a 40 inch LCD TV... it was like on a spur of a moment. I was having lunch with my friend SengPo at FunanCentre when I noticed that Harvery Norman there was having a moving store sale. They had the Samsung LA-40S71BX with a free hi-fi home theatre system and 3 year warranty. Plus Free Delivery and installation. I bought it for $3,000.

I thought it was a great deal until I learnt that in Australia - it was going for $2500. When I compared prices with other models- the cost grew remarkably. HN Spore is selling the F series (Samsung LA-40F71BX- 1920x1080p; 4000:1 contrast) for $6000!!! but in Australia its going for about $3500 - a huge difference. Dunno why though.

I felt a slight sting when I found that out... but at the end of the day I made $3400 net profit from a day trade on the SGX- so that should cover it. :)

No comments: