Friday, January 26, 2007

Eye Op

Well... so far so good. The eye puffiness has gone down- I still have a bit of black marks and swellings on my check bones. But it seems to be progressing ok.

On a side note- I exited out of my AUSGROUP shares at 61 cents on Tuesday. They had come out with a announcement that they had won a 72 million dollar contract. Seems pretty good. But all good traders buy on the rumor - and sell on the fact. So after it had gone up 6% I thought it'd be good to sell. The news from Wall Street was a bit bad- anyhow I made 8,000. Not bad for a week's work. Plus I didn't want to be bothered by this during the post-op surgery downtime.

Unfortunately, I underestimated the market's sentiment. And the stock powered thru to 62 cents!! Then the next day- whamo - it hit 68.5 cents. The price I originally planned to sell.

Even today, despite horrible news from Wall Street and some disconcern from China- the stock went against the trend and is now clawing at 70 cents.

The force is strong in that one.

No comments: