Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rain Rain Rain


It was raining nonstop since Sunday. Buckets of water like waterfall strength came down. I got caught in the rain on Wednesday after the King's College Choir concert and got a bit chilled. Normally I can take the cold- I once walked in shorts and tshirt in minus zero weather in Queenstown, NZ to the milkbar and back. But if you get soaking well- its another story. My hands had black spots when I was caught in a soaking gale force winds at Cradle Mountain.

Right now, I've got a temperature and my body is shivering. I wish I had my dear friend Carol to nurse me back to health. Nothing fancy. Just make me a warm cup of lemon tea. And just being around to make sure I didn't get any more sicker. That would make me feel so much better. Sometimes just a loving touch and a comforting word can make all the difference.

Right now, I'm living in a pretty big CBD flat all by myself. Its cool most of the time, but right now I feel quite down.

I've taken some panadol tables and going to get an early night's sleep... hope to get better tomorrow.

No comments: