Saturday, July 01, 2006

Asterix Pewter chess set



Hmmm... bit of a surprise. I won this auction.

Didn't actually expect to win. Usually the chess sets go for over GBP150.

The postage will be a killer though. And may cost over $100.

Still the chess set looks way way cool and I've been a fan of Asterix since I was a kid. I love how all the Gaulish pawns are individual members of the town- and not one same generic character. It looks like virtually the entire regular cast of the comic series is portrayed here. Sweet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Are you willing to sell this? I am a huge fan of asterix and narrowly missed a similar set in an auction.. Thank you and hope you have a great day

Yau said...

Yes I am willing to sell this. All the chess pieces are individual crafted work. But I paid a lot of money for this. And its one of my treasured possessions. I'd probably only consider selling this if it was going $1k.